We are devastated to see what is currently happening in Ukraine as Russia continues to invade this democratic nation. As a company rooted in our values of care and community, we believe that war and violence are never the answer, and that only peace can contribute to true progress in the world.
Below are a few ways on how you can fundraise for Ukraine and donate to trusted organizations that make a difference for those who are affected during the crisis.
How to Help Ukraine
1) Donate to our Ukrainian Relief Campaign or text HELPUKR to 707070 (US Only, Text & Data Msg Rates Apply)
2) Donate directly to these fully vetted and verified organizations through Pledge:
- International Committee of the Red Cross supports people affected by war include access to education, addressing sexual violence, economic security, health. The ICRC’s priority is to assist those in need during the Ukraine conflict. They delivered 3,000 liters of portable water to Dokuchaevsk hospital and sent 7,000 liters to Donetsk municipality within the last week. Recent work also includes visits to places of detention to help improve hygiene and nutrition.
- Save the Children - Children's Emergency Fund has been aiding Ukraine children during the crisis by supporting children’s access to education, providing psychosocial support, distributing winter kits and hygiene kits, and providing cash grants to families so they can meet basic needs such as food, rent, and medicines. Specialist teams also provide children with access to safe, inclusive, quality education. Lastly, the organization works to help children overcome the mental and psychological impacts of their experiences of conflict and violence.
- International Medical Corps is on the ground in Ukraine, working with health agencies and local partners to provide the following relief services: Primary and emergency health services from medical professionals, mental health and psychosocial support critical for people affected by war, gender-based violence response services, and increasing protection of women and children who face risks during conflict, and COVID-19 prevention and awareness services, to keep refugee and displaced safe from the pandemic.
- United Help Ukraine regularly organizes fundraisers which benefit people in Ukraine affected by the war conditions such as medical supplies to hospitals and various volunteer groups in Ukraine, performing clothing drives for orphan refugee children, as well as families of the wounded or killed soldiers and providing aid to the families who lost loved ones in this conflict.
- Nova Ukraine is dedicated to raising awareness about Ukraine and works closely with nonprofits and volunteers focused on helping Ukraine in the US and throughout the world and providing humanitarian aid to Ukraine. The organization is determined in providing various aid programs to assist Ukraine in recovering from social and economic crises and building a stronger country aligned with Western values.
- UNICEF’s response outside of Ukraine includes setting up ‘Blue Dot’ centers at border entry points and other strategic locations to support the delivery of emergency services to vulnerable families. From these ‘Blue Dot’ hubs, UNICEF can provide information to traveling families, psychosocial support, and referrals to social workers and health services. Providing safe water, sanitation and hygiene supplies is another UNICEF priority.
- Sunflower of Peace has started a new fundraiser to provide medical and humanitarian aid that will be used by the paramedics and doctors in the areas that are affected by the violence in Ukraine. We are acquiring and distributing first-aid backpacks, medicine, medical instruments, and other means of survival that are saving hundreds of lives. To learn more about how you can help donate to the organization’s efforts for Ukraine and mission visit their website here.
3) Create a fundraiser to support one or more of these organizations.
- Alternatively, you can also host a virtual fundraising event via Evite or Zoom using our Donate button to support Ukraine fundraisers
4) Share this post with your friends and family, or through social media to bring awareness on how to fundraise for Ukraine.