Women have made a tremendous impact throughout our history and it’s important that their efforts in helping communities continue to have a meaningful impactful for years to come.
Whether it’s a close friend creating a new business or a woman becoming the Vice President, we have seen many glass ceilings shattered, and thanks to the efforts of a number of organizations around the world, we’re able to see that change in real-time.
If you are looking for ways to fundraise and help these organizations further their mission, we’ve put together some actionable ways to help you get started:
1. Create a Fundraiser Page
An easy way to begin your fundraising journey is to create your very own fundraising page! Pledge has a resource database of trusted organizations dedicated to supporting women on our Explore Causes page that you can donate to.
Check out these amazing nonprofits that are partnered with Pledge:
- The UN Women organization is currently providing on the ground support for Ukrainian refugees, particularly women and girls, ensuring they will not be left behind.
- The Step-Up Women’s Network aims to empower women and girls to their full potential through after-school programs in underserved communities, professional development and investment in mentorship in addition to financial support.
- Sarah's Circle is a refuge for women who are homeless or in need of a safe space. By providing housing assistance, case management, referral services, and life necessities, we encourage women to empower themselves by rebuilding both emotionally and physically; realizing their unique potential.
You can also donate to Pledge’s own fundraiser, supporting three nonprofits aimed at helping women and girls from around the world.
2. Host a Fundraiser on Zoom
Not able to plan an in-person event for your cause or have an upcoming event on Zoom? Here are a few ways you can easily add a fundraising component virtually:
- With our Donate Button on Zoom, fundraising is made simple with just the click of a button. Guests in your virtual meeting can also utilize our text-to-donate feature, allowing them to donate directly on mobile.
- PledgeCam - Our easy-to-use virtual camera app has interactive fundraising features such as video filters and real-time donations that guests can utilize anywhere.
3. Host a Community Event
Communities always have a way of coming together in times of need and there is no better time than now!
Here are some fun community fundraising ideas that can benefit charities and nonprofits:
- Book Club - Create a local book club where everyone brings their favorite book with a female protagonist and donates $20 to swap books. Each donation from the event will go towards a cause supporting women and everyone comes home with a new book to read.
- Letters of Hope - Plan a local event where guests in attendance write positive messages for women and girls facing hardships in their life. For each letter written, a portion of the proceeds made benefit a women’s charity of their choice.
- Meditation Event - Organize a community wide event where everyone comes together for a yoga or meditation session to support women’s health nonprofit organizations.
Photo by Amina Filkins from Pexels
4. Invite Women-Owned Businesses to Join the Cause
Have a favorite women-owned establishment that you frequently shop at? What better way to #PledgeToDoGood than having the local businesses partner up for Women’s History Month! Spread the word on social media and create a fundraising text-to-donate campaign to gain local attention.
Additionally, with our Give & Grow app, businesses on Shopify are able to donate directly to nonprofits at checkout. Now, you can enjoy your favorite brands and empower women nonprofits everywhere.
5. Organize a Fitness Event
Plan a personal wellness and women’s empowerment group that engages the community in fitness related activities to bring awareness to nonprofits.
Here are a few ideas on fitness challenges you could suggest to your community:
- Get Your Groove On - Have a dance contest to see who can come up with the best dance moves. Whoever ends up in the top three gets to choose which nonprofit the entire group’s donation total will support.
- Team Challenge - Create a unique challenge best suited for your friends or community. Have participants donate to join the challenge with the chance to be featured as winners.
- Neighborhood Marathon - Gather the neighbors and host a running event. For every person in attendance, charge an entrance fee and the proceeds can be donated to a selected women’s wellness charity.
6. Host a Concert to Raise Funds
Are you musically talented or know of anyone who would love to share their music with the world? Setting up a concert is a great way to involve the local community to give back!
Consider these ideas for your next concert:
- Admission Fee - For every ticket sold, a portion of the proceeds can benefit a nonprofit organization of your choice. It’s a win-win situation for everyone.
- Song Requests - If someone wants to request their favorite song, have them donate to the nonprofit the event is supporting for that day.
Photo by Andrea Piacquadio from Pexels
7. Hold an Art Auction
Love to draw, paint or sculpt? Use those talents to benefit a cause you are most passionate about. Art is a way of expressing oneself and why not express your appreciation for your favorite nonprofit organization that you want to help.
Here are a few elements you can implement in your next art showcase:
- Showcase Your Artwork to the Community - By doing a showcase, you can charge an entrance fee for guests in attendance. The proceeds from each ticket can benefit the nonprofit you are
- Donate Proceeds from your Artwork - For every piece of artwork you sell, you can help raise funds for your preferred nonprofit organization.
Ready to make your next fundraiser phenomenal? Check out our resources on how to get started here!